Our recommendations for properly handling paper bags of Briess dry ingredients can help you eliminate product loss, spills to clean up and time:
1) When moving or handling paper bags of Briess dry ingredients, grasp and hold bags firmly by the sides or the ends (middle photo).
2) Moving or handling Briess paper bags by the “ears” at the top or bottom of the bags can cause them to tear or break (left photo).
3) Dropping or throwing paper bags can cause them to tear or break.
4) When stacking or otherwise handling paper bags of Briess dry ingredients, avoid sharp objects that could puncture or tear them.
Briess regularly conducts strict quality control inspections throughout our facilities to assure all bags are properly sealed and free of tears prior to shipping. We understand that issues may arise with packaging after it leaves our facility. If this happens and you experience problems with Briess bags, please contact us immediately and provide as much information as possible about the situation.
1) Call Briess immediately. Your Briess Customer Service Representative can help you gather information needed to identify and resolve the problem.
2) Gather information and take pictures to provide to your Customer Service Representative. Inspects all shipments upon arrival, prior to signing the receiving paperwork. We may ask to see the issue. Any details and picture you can provide will help. Also, call us.
3) In the event of a bag quality issue, we may ask for additional information located on the bag. Bag manufacturers print codes on each bag they make. This information is usually located on the back of the bag. Refer to the pictures in the chart below for tips on where to locate bag manufacturer’s codes.
4) In the event of a product quality issue, locate information Briess prints on bags and labels. In addition to the Briess bag number, all information from the product label should be recorded and reported to Briess as well. Emailing pictures of Briess labels and bag manufacturer information is the most helpful information to provide to your Customer Service Representative. Refer to the pictures in the chart below for examples of Briess labels and bag manufacturer information.